BCR was the general contractor, masonry façade contractor, and historic
window installer for the restoration of the historic Toledo Harbor Lighthouse
located 8 miles off the shores of Toledo, OH in Lake Erie. The original
structure was built in 1904. The restoration included all new historical
windows/shutters, brick replacement, masonry tuckpointing, sealant installation,
and steel vault door restoration, and a high-performance coating system.
The largest challenge of the project was the logistics. With the site
being 8 miles out in the Lake Erie, a boat was used to access the lighthouse
every morning and evening. This made organizing and planning the project
extremely challenging. BCR is extremely proud of being part of preserving
such an incredible piece of history.